Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

hie

i want to show my data of only 2 quarter from max date i.e if i select date 3rd april 2012 den my chart must show of data april marc feb jan dec nov what to do ??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sumita,

apply

date#(Date,'MMM-YY'')

to the date field,it will be converted from text to date

View solution in original post

12 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Sum({<DateField={">=$(QuarterStart(Max(DateField),-1))<=$(Max(DateField))"},YearField=,MonthField,DayField=>} Sales)

or

Sum({<DateField={">=$(MonthStart(Max(DateField),-5))<=$(Max(DateField))"},YearField=,MonthField,DayField=>} Sales)

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

it is showing no data to display.. y so??

Not applicable
Author

actual i want to do thru variable in which user can give any date..........

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Check with this here VariableDate is your date variable but make sure it is in correct date format otherwise change it to Date(Date#(VariableDate,'DD/MM/YYYY')) here 'DD/MM/YYYY' is the entered date format.

Sum({<DateField={">=$(QuarterStart($(VariableDate),-1))<=$(VariableDate)"},YearField=,MonthField=,DayField=>} Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sumita,

Please find the attached file.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kushal

Not applicable
Author

hi kushal,

can u please help me in that i have datefield nd date is present in MAY-10,JUN-10 like that i want to do set analysis that when i click jun 10 then it show sale of may10

my expressn is sum({$<datefield={$(=only(period)-1}>}sale)

prblm is that date in text format so it is not showng corrct output what should i do

Regards

Sumita

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sumita,

Please clarify what exactly you want  regarding previous 2 quarter :

If you select 01-04-2012 then you should get output as last six months from that or

if your fiscal year starts from april and your quarter 1 is april-may-jun then

previous 2 quarter will be months april may jun of 2012 and jan feb mar 0f 2012 including the quarter of the date that you have inputed.

Not applicable
Author

yes exactly this i wnat in my chart current nd preceding quarter..............

bt frst plz help me

that i have datefield nd date is present in MAY-10,JUN-10 like that i want to do set analysis that when i click jun 10 then it show sale of may10

my expressn is sum({$<datefield={$(=only(period)-1}>}sale)

prblm is that date in text format so it is not showng corrct output what should i do

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sumita,

apply

date#(Date,'MMM-YY'')

to the date field,it will be converted from text to date