Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smallbee001
Contributor
Contributor

how to build this combo chart

Hello 

I plan to build the combo chart like this which combine line and cirle. can you help me? thank you so much.

scan1.JPG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Smallbee, it seems Taoufiq was able to help you on both questions, I just wanted to remind you it is very helpful if you return to your posts and use the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that helped you arrive at your solution to give the posters credit for the assistance as well as let other Community Members know what worked.  Please be sure to circle back to this thread and mark things, and if you did something different, please consider documenting what you did in some detail for others visiting the post later, and then use the Accept as Solution on that post.  Also, it is best to keep one question per post as having multiple solutions related to different questions is going to confuse future folks reviewing things...

Here is a Design Blog link regarding your month over month comparison that may be helpful, it is year over year, but same concepts in play:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Year-over-Year-Comparisons/ba-p/1462927

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

Hi,

Are the dimension values known in advance?
if so you can make an illusion: add images in the form of a circle at the top of your graph and use the Set Analysis to do the calculations of the measurement. like what I have prepared below :

datt.PNG

otherwise, you have to go through extensions in my opinion

Cheers,

Taoufiq

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
smallbee001
Contributor
Contributor
Author

this number in the circle is changing by we choose the field- customer name. it seems make a backgroud graph is complex every time.  I upload the database as attachement.

Taoufiq_Zarra

you can always make text at the top with a background: an image in the form of a circle and with Set Analysis you do the calculation you want, as below:

datt.PNG

but now you have to disable selection in Customer Name or do complicated calculations.....

otherwise I suggest you keep it simple: a combo chart with two axes, as below

datt.PNG

cheers,

Taoufiq

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

smallbee001
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you.😀

I decided to make circle replace by line. 

Dou you kow how to make data of month versuse last month?

Taoufiq_Zarra

It depends on your data source.
for example here in your sample data I added a column for the year and one for the month

datt.PNG

so to calculate the Sum of Sales for the current month

='current Month : ' &Sum( {<[Year] = {"$(=Max(Year))"},[Month] = {"$(=Max(Month))"}>} T1_Sales)

and for the previous month

='current Month : ' &Sum( {<[Year] = {"$(=Max(Year))"},[Month] = {"$(=Max(Month)-1)"}>} T1_Sales)

the idea is to use Set Analysis {}

Please mark the topic as resolved.
And don't hesitate if you have any questions

Cheers

Taoufiq

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Smallbee, it seems Taoufiq was able to help you on both questions, I just wanted to remind you it is very helpful if you return to your posts and use the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that helped you arrive at your solution to give the posters credit for the assistance as well as let other Community Members know what worked.  Please be sure to circle back to this thread and mark things, and if you did something different, please consider documenting what you did in some detail for others visiting the post later, and then use the Accept as Solution on that post.  Also, it is best to keep one question per post as having multiple solutions related to different questions is going to confuse future folks reviewing things...

Here is a Design Blog link regarding your month over month comparison that may be helpful, it is year over year, but same concepts in play:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Year-over-Year-Comparisons/ba-p/1462927

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.