cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trishita
Creator III
Creator III

how to create new report from two existing chart expressions on a sheet

I want to check two columns (survey id) from two specific chart expressions in the same sheet..

If the two columns match then the comment section will say yes, if for a corresponding survey id that value is  missing in the other column it will display No..it was not possible to link these two tables in the script level so i had no choice to put them into expressions...how can you compare columns from two specific chart expressions in qlikview? Is it possible? Or should I use trigger to generate prompt message whenever there is no match is found for a specific survey id

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure if it meets your requirments:

if you do a Count on fields of the two different Charts and look if both have Count > 0

if (count(Vessel)>0 and  count(STATUS_OVERVIEW)>0, 'Yes','No')

trishita
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I want to compare the left hand mother tabe with the righter one and generate status on the basis of that...

For example:

This is my requirement..so is it possible by the way u described?

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you post example qvw? why the Grey Survey_id is different than the yellow one. is it a cartesian product?

trishita
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i have uploaded the qvw..The left side comes from one database whiule the right one from another databse.I had to join them with IMO no and used some date range as it was hard to join..but now we have both the data in the chart expression.so i want to compare them directly and have a status overview as required...the yellow comes from the Difference Log vs Survey table and th grey from the other one.I just want to compare the survey id of the two charts and have status overview yes, no

Anonymous
Not applicable

I donot know exactly what you Need. the above table with yellow columns are not in your qvw?

I see two table "Difference Log vs Survey" and "Sounding Date".Do you want to vcombine These table into a new one?

trishita
Creator III
Creator III
Author

both tables are in my qvw...and the yellow and grey column both are coming from the same sheet..i just coloured them and extracted into excel to show u ..i just want to compare the survey ids present in difference vs log and sounding date and then have a status overview dependng on the match....yes it would be like a new table with status (yes or no) coming from these two charts....

Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe like this:

a) example with no

b) example with yes

c) together

table contains 4 dimensions and 1 Expression:

if (aggr(count(Vessel),IMO_NO)>0 and  aggr(count(BUNKER_DELIVERY_NOTE_NUMBER),SURVEY_ID)>0, 'Yes','No') 

trishita
Creator III
Creator III
Author

But this is not right..as it exists...we can see 22675 in both the regions...