Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravindraa
Creator
Creator

how to get the date based on date selection

Hi all

i have one requierment that i have to display the data based on the date selection.
i have only one date field i have to display the data based on the selection wise.

Date filed:
2/1/2014
2/2/2014
2/3/2014
2/4/2014
2/5/2014
2/6/2014
2/7/2014
2/8/2014
2/9/2014
i have to create this date filed as 2 date field 1.fromdate 2.todate.

in 'from date' field i have to select one date then i have to select another date in 'To date' (i mean if i select
1/02/2014 from "From date" field and 3/02/2014 from "To date" field ), i need to sum(timespent) between these
days time_spent  in chart.

Please check the attached documents.
please give me any suggesion on this

3 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi ravindraa,

so you want to sum up the [time_spent] field between those two dates?

Do you then want to show the individual days' values or just the sum in your chart?

If you want to show all the days (with their individual value) between those dates,

you can try implementing those limits in the dimension of your chart.

It would then look sth. like this (on the "dimension" tab)

>>> = IF(([date] >= Getfieldselections(from_date) AND [date] <= Getfieldselections(to_date)), [date]) <<<

(meaning the dimension is [date], but only if it is >= from_date and <= to_date - there is no BETWEEN_fct.)

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

ravindraa
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi DataNibbler,

Thanks for replying but if i select any date the same date is selecting in TODATE field also i need to select one date from "FROMDATE " and one date from "TODATE" field in my case please give me any suggesion with out using date field as Dimension.

Thants very help to me

thanks in advance.

Not applicable

Hi Ravindra,

You cant use the same field to get the to and from date as they will be logically same. you have to get those column loaded in different table unless you don't have the from and to date columns from source.here i have attached the QVW ,Hope this is what you expecting.