Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brijeshvma
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

how to ignore selection on particular field value

Hi All,

I have a Drill Dimension : TAB > CITY

and Expression :Count({<Category= {'home_screen'},Action={'Scroll_to_tab'}>} VID)

And i have one more Field CardTypeSub . i want if user select CardTypeSub value nothing will change.

means it ignore the selection for CardTypeSub .

i tried ,

Count({<Category= {'home_screen'},Action={'Scroll_to_tab'},CardTypeSub=>} VID)

... But with this expression ... it drill the value automatically in city level..

i want if user select CardTypeSub ... nothing will get change..

Kindly help me on this..

28 Replies
brijeshvma
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thankss for ur reply....its working fine... can you suggest me how to do same thing in Qliksense ..

sunny_talwar

Not very familiar with Qlik Sense, but may be Reddys310‌ can offer some help here

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Brijesh,

Is it possible to share a sample QVF file, few of the answers provided above should have worked.

Thanks,

Sangram.

brijeshvma
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sangram,

PFA

brijeshvma
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sangram,

Have u checked my qvf file ?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Brijesh,

Yes I did.

There is no problem with the set analysis statement, its working absolutely fine. Here the issue is with the data. There is no proper hierarchy for the TAB and CITY fields and hence you are seeing an animation in the chart, but none of the values are changing because of the set analysis statement.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Capture1.PNG

I have modifies your screen this way so that it would be easy for you to understand whats going on.

I have attached the QVF for your reference.

PS: The set analysis statements are working fine, you have to create a proper hierarchy for the dim. If you use the dimensions TAB and CITY separately, you will be able to see that nothing changes on selection.

Thanks,

Sangram.

brijeshvma
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sangram,

Thanks for Ur reply .. I know values are not changing ... But cant we do something like that on selection of CardTypeSub nothing will change... Atleast it will not get drill

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

If you do not want a drill option just make use of TAB as your dimension. This will curtail the animation.