Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliklearnervir
Creator
Creator

how to load specific qvds from last 6 month data ( need to load only qvd with first working day )

we have qvd data from September 2019 to Feb 2020.

i want to programmatically load only qvd for first working day of the month from last 6 month and need to do some of sales and save it to in another table in qvw.

Accountdata_09012019.qvd
.Accountdata_02012020.qvd

please suggest .

5 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

ACCOUNTDATA: LOAD * INLINE [Dummy];

vPathToQVD = 'D:\QVDs';
vToday = Num(Today());

v6monthsAgo = Num(MonthStart(AddMonths(vToday,-6)));

FOR vDay#=v6monthsAgo TO vToday
  vDayText = Date(day#,'MMDDYYYY');
  IF Not(IsNull(FileSize(vPathToQVD & '\Accountdata_' & vDayText & '.qvd'))) THEN
    ACCOUNTDATA:
    CONCATENDATE LOAD 
    FROM
      Accountdata_$(vDayText).qvd (qvd);
  ENDIF
NEXT

DROP FIELD Dummy FROM ACCOUNTDATA;
vPathToQVD=;vToday=;v6monthsAgo=;vDay#=;vDayText=;

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'll usally use @rwunderlich  librar QlikView Components when looping through files. 

Try the solution below:

$(Must_Include=http://raw.githubusercontent.com/RobWunderlich/Qlikview-Components/master/Qvc_Runtime/Qvc.qvs);
SET vNoOfHistoryMonths = 6;
LET vFileDateFormat = 'DDMMYYYY';
LET vFilePath = 'C:\Users\Vegar\qvd\';

SUB read6months(_file)
	LET _filedate = num(date#(mid('$(_file)', len('$(vFilePath)Accountdata_')+1, 8), '$(vFileDateFormat)'));
	trace $(_filedate);
	IF  ($(_filedate) >=   monthstart(today(), -$(vNoOfHistoryMonths)+1)) AND lastWorkDate(monthstart($(_filedate)),1) = $(_filedate)  THEN
		//Autoconcatenate
		Accountdata:
		LOAD *
		FROM '$(_file)' (qvd);
	ENDIF
ENDSUB //read6months

CALL Qvc.ListFiles('$(vFilePath)', 'accountdata*.qvd', '0', 'read6months');

Call qvc.cleanup

BR
Vegar

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I like your suggested solution @petter , but it looks like it's missing the first business day of the month criteria. It looks like your loop will  loop through all files for the last six months not only the file fromthe first business day of the month.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes you're most probably right.

I typed it out directly into the browser from the top of my head. I should have pointed out that it is untested and unrun and might be considered more like pseudo-code or a pointer in the right direction...

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

It looks like you have some very good posts from Vegar and Petter, if those did help you, be sure to circle back to the thread to close things out by using the Accept as Solution button on any of the posts that helped you with things.  If you still have further questions, please leave an update with what you still need, otherwise please do close the thread for us.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.