Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to make separate column in the straight table for each element in the column

Can you please any one give a solution of how to create the following table that I am attaching a snap shot of my requirement.

in this nsapshot Physician, Speciality, Month, Codetype are Column Names and CT, MRI, NM, US, etc. are the values in CodeType column.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a new chart object. Choose as chart type the Pivot Table. Add four dimensions

1. Physician

2. Specialty

3. Month

4. CodeType

Next add as expression: count(adm)

Click Finish. Right click the new pivot table and select properties. On the Presentation tab select Always Fully Expanded. Next select Totals on Top. Select the dimensions Physician and Month and enable Show Partial Sums. Click OK to close the properties window.

Now drag the Month header to the right and up. As soon as you see a horizontal blue line drop it. You should now have a pivot table pretty much like in your screenshot.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want a column for each CodeType value you'll have to use expressions and hardcode the values in the expressions if you want to use a straight table. Otherwise use a pivot table like in your screenshot.

CT:   count({<CodeType={'CT'}>} SomeValue)

MRI: count({<CodeType={'MRI'}>} SomeValue)

NM:  count({<CodeType={'NM'}>} SomeValue)

...etc

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your repsonse Gysbert,

Thanks Gysber your Expression is working fine..How we can get the Months one row above the codetype value..

Regards,

Ramesh

Not applicable
Author

How can we do it with Pivot table , can you please explain it Gysbert

Regards,

Ramesh

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a new chart object. Choose as chart type the Pivot Table. Add four dimensions

1. Physician

2. Specialty

3. Month

4. CodeType

Next add as expression: count(adm)

Click Finish. Right click the new pivot table and select properties. On the Presentation tab select Always Fully Expanded. Next select Totals on Top. Select the dimensions Physician and Month and enable Show Partial Sums. Click OK to close the properties window.

Now drag the Month header to the right and up. As soon as you see a horizontal blue line drop it. You should now have a pivot table pretty much like in your screenshot.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert, Thanks for your reply, I have follow you approach but I am unable to drag the month column header.

Please do this for me with patience.I am attaching the file.

Regards,

Ramesh

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In your pivot chart the option Allow Pivoting was disabled. Enable it and you'll be able to drag and drop the dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have done it, but I am getting only vertical blue line with arrow pointing towards up.can you please say

Regards

Ramesh

Not applicable
Author

Hai Gysbert,

Can you send me your personal mailid,I will send my QVds' and requirement. Can you please make a solution for this  requirement.

Regards,

Ramesh.