Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to remove synthetic keys from XML file generated script

I need a primer on how best to parse XML files. By default Qlikview is generating so many synthetic keys the file won't load

4 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

The strategies for removing Synthetic Keys are the same no matter what source you use.

Please read this article: Synthetic Keys

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. And I understand the pros and cons of synthetic keys. I'm trying to address a major con which is the unintended generation of many thousands synthetic keys I don't want.

I'm using the script that the web file import generated. It created 22 tables based on the xml items themselves with a large number of synthetic keys between them. I don't even know how many because Qlikview eats up all my memory to the point where I have to shut down windows by turning off the power. ( I can't even run task manager. )

I'm thinking I'm going about this the wrong way, I need to generate the hierarchical relationships into relational as it's reading the items/values because there is no "key" in the XML to provide a normal join, it's just an item under an item within the XML.

I think that's what I need to do but am at a loss how to go about that in script.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You could

QUALIFY *;

at very start of your script, Qlikview will load all tables apart, so you can analyse the model unqualify fields that have to be keys

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! I will start with that