Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to wrap labels in the bar chart

Hello,

Do you know if there's any possibility to wrap dimension labels on the bar charts.

I'm trying to build a horizontal bar chart and now my labels (on the left of each bar) are being cutting off as they are too long. I've already made the font the least possible.

Do you have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Depends on how complex you want the expression to be.....

As an example, you could do something like

=LEFT(FieldName,20) & chr(13) & MID(FieldName,21)

This would give you the first 20 characters, followed by a carriage return, followed by the remaining characters.

If you wanted to get more complex then you can introduce some code to find the first space and split the string there.

This expression would go into the Label expression window against the appropriate dimension.

Good luck,

Not applicable
Author

Hello Higel,

I actually have only one dimention and need to wrap not the name of this dimension but its values that are shown below each bar. I tried to use your idea and write this expression as a calculated dimesion, but it didn't work. It only cuts the first 20 characters and then puts '...'

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, should have recognised that from what you described.

As far as I know there is no way to do this, I also tried the calculated dimension route and it won't work, I assume this is a limitation of the application.