Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to write it

I have too much raw data . I want to get a range's sales. I set the following range as a dimension:

if(date(sale_date)-date(prod_date)<=30,'sal_30',if(date(sale_date)-date(prod_date)<=70,'sal_70',if(date(sale_date)-date(prod_date)<=120,'sal_120','other')))---------    

I always get the error "allocation memory exceed."  . Is there another method to get the result  ?

Each  product have own's fixed date. The sale's date have many date .

7 Replies
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

I would write your if statement in the script instead of in the dimension, bring back a column name with 'Range Sales'.  This will also make your object quicker with refreshing changes.

Not applicable
Author

I have different end-date that depend on  user's selection . The range sales is different.

karthigayan
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Write this into a variable

vcalc:

=date(sale_date)-date(prod_date)

and in the expression write this expr

=if(S(vcalc)<=30,'sal_30',S(vcalc)<=70,'sal_70',S(vcalc)<=120,'sal_120','other'))

So that calculation is done only once instead of thrice.

Not applicable
Author

=if($(vcalc)<=30,'sal_30',$(vcalc)<=<=70,'sal_70',$(vcalc)<=<=120,'sal_120','other'))--- can't work. what is S  meaning ?

the <=<= can't work .

Not applicable
Author

what is the error?

The S means $ I think its a typographical error?

Is date_prod a variable, or a selection from a data Island?

Not applicable
Author

what is the error?

The S means $ I think its a typographical error?

Is date_prod a variable, or a selection from a data Island?

Not applicable
Author

one  product has only one  prod_date:   20130105   b  20130203   c 20130407

but the sales date have many for every product .I want to get range sales like 30days,70days from prod_date untill user's selection monthes.