Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

i am using oracle database and having one lakh records?

i am using oracle database and having one lakh records?  here i want go for data validation?

tell me what are the ways to do validation?

and we can not comapre one row to one row between qlikview and oracle because it is time talking process right?

pls tell me the  solution

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you elaborate you  problem a little bit. What kind of data validation you want to do. Are you talking about incremental load?

Not applicable
Author

once development is over i want cross check whether data is same when comapre  with database 

showing correct data or any mismatch or any missing data

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

It'll pretty easy to compare number of rows between an oracle table and something in a QVW or QVD, but to compare actual data values requires loading both in and comparing.

To do that efficiently consider running multiple scripts (QVWs) that load in only a piece of the data from both sources, perhaps 'Where=Country='USA'  and do a different load for each country (or any other dimension).

Then you can run each script in parallel at the same time for better throughput. You'll need the hardware resources but if you have that the whole task will be much shorter.

Not applicable
Author

Make qvd of these 1 lakh records and then use the Exists() function to compare results.

Better will be like Jonathan said, test it by dividing into different groups or filters, then QA it step by step.

Thanks,

Angad

Not applicable
Author

You have to do several checks to ensure you are getting entire data set from the upstream to the QV Data model and validating it.

1.Load the Oracle tables without any joins, where clause and look out for the Rows and Fields count in the Table viewer.

2.Focus on the Primary Key fields, compare the PK fields from the Oracle datasource with the loaded QV Data. You can use Excel vlookup() functions

to ensure the complete data has been loaded into Qlikview. You can find out missing data if any and the reasons

3.You can randomly pick up few elements like Invoice or Salescount per sales man in Qlikview and compare the same in Oracle by executing SQL's. The numbers should match. This might ensure whether your joins are correct etc.

The list goes on

Thanks

Ram

Not applicable
Author

any sample video to see this