Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

if function with set analysis not working

Hi,

I have a problem with if function when combining with set analysis, where when i must get the result for 3 months but the result just give 1 months for the selection i made.I attached it in a excel file for the complete explain.

Please help me, how can i showing the result for 3 months when i selected 1 month and 1 year for the current selection.

Regards,

Renyta

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume you need to format the values you get from your dollar sign expansions according the format of TRANSDAT.

If TRANSDAT has a format like 'YYYYMMDD', then try like

$(=Date(AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 ),'YYYYMMDD'))

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

Thank you for your reply but its not working too. And my pivot doesn't showing any data. Is there any other way?

Best Regards,

Renyta

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Probably yes, but it's hard to tell without knowing your application, data model, field formats.

Could you upload a small sample application?

I still assume it's just a matter of value formatting. You can convert your pivot to a straight table and let the label of your expression empty. If you then hover over the expression label cell with your mouse, you'll see the expression with your dollar sign expansions expanded. You'll need to see valid values according your TRANSDAT field format in all your advanced search ranges.

Not applicable
Author

Dear swuehl,

This is the example that u need. Please to see it.

Thanks,

Renyta

Not applicable
Author

Dear swuehl,

Maybe my attachment is not working or corrupt. Please try this one example with a small data.

Thanks,

Renyta