Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator

=if(....,sum) on expression possible?

Hi gurus,

I have this table with Month_Year, Plane_Name, Service_Type_Indicator, Discharge_Cargo, Load_Cargo, Total_Cargo, TXIT_Cargo and Capacity.

For this report, I would want to check how utilize the plane is by service type indicator.

Service Type indicator is the route the plane takes

Total_Cargo is Discharge Cargo + Load Cargo

TXIT_Cargo is how many cargo it stays on the plane without discharging and loading

Capacity is how many cargo the plane is able to handle.

Another table consist of Activity_Code where it will check Load or Discharge Cargo.

And the Total_Cargo where it shows the cargo it discharge by using the activity_code

To check how utilize the plane is, the formula is.

=(

sum({<Service_Type_Indicator = {'EFAR'}>}Total_Cargo) + (sum({<Service_Type_Indicator={'EFAR'}>}TXIT_Cargo) * 2))
/
(
Sum(aggr(if(Service_Type_Indicator='EFAR',
(
Capacity)),Service_Type_Indicator,Month_Year,Plane_Name)) * 2)

In short , (TOTAL CARGO + (TOTAL TXIT CARGO * 2))/ Capacity * 2

Please look at the sample file for better clarity.

Now my problem is, of the 8 plane name as shown on the sample file. I would want to remove plane that has Discharge Cargo OR Load Cargo that is lower than 50.

Meaning plane name Boeing, Zoom and Vean should not be included in the expression as it will disrupt the %. (Business context).

if(Activity_Code = 'LOAD' and TOTAL_cargo > 50) (This logic)

Is there anyway I can do this to add on to my expression code? My expression right now applies the formula but it includes the eight planes..

Thanks very much for spending the time to read and understand. appreciate it.

7 Replies
Not applicable

Please see attached, here's how I modified the set:

=(sum({<Service_Type_Indicator = {'EFAR'}>}if( Total_Cargo > 50, Total_Cargo)) + (sum({<Service_Type_Indicator={'EFAR'}>}if( Total_Cargo > 50, TXIT_Cargo)) * 2))
/
(
Sum(aggr(if(Service_Type_Indicator='EFAR' AND Total_Cargo > 50,
(
Capacity)),Service_Type_Indicator,Month_Year,Plane_Name)) * 2)

I only saw discard or load cargo, so went with one condition filtering for Total_Cargo > 50.

Hope that helps,

Matt

n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks. does this comes with attached file so that I can see the expression

Not applicable

Yes, I attached a version with the updated formula. Perhaps I didn't save it, have attached again.

n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

hmm but the value is the same as my original table with all the planes come into play. i m thinking of (if(activity_code = load and total_cargo> 50) and activity_code = disc and total_cargo> 50

michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

Could try.

Sum(Aggr(If(Min( If( Activity_Code = 'Load' OR Activity_Code = 'Disc' ,Total_Cargo)) < 50,Null(),
(
sum({<Service_Type_Indicator = {'EFAR'}>} Total_Cargo)
+
sum({<Service_Type_Indicator={'EFAR'}>}  TXIT_Cargo) * 2 ))
Plane_Name))

/

Sum(Aggr(If(Min( If( Activity_Code = 'Load' OR Activity_Code = 'Disc' ,Total_Cargo)) < 50,Null(),
(
Sum(If(Service_Type_Indicator='EFAR',Capacity)) * 2)
) ,
Plane_Name))

This will exclude the planes with load Total_Cargo on the Load/Disc level from the calculation.  It does imply that the total value works out the total Cargo / total Capacity rather than taking an average across the planes.

This formula may not work properly if you introduce more months and may need modify it to include Month_Year in the Aggr and then possibly a TOTAL <Plane_Name> within the Min functions to work properly.

n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

it prompt me an expression error. do u have the sample file?

michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

Attachment attached.