Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

increasing in execution time

Hello everyone

One of my task execution in QMS increase every day, although i didn't change any thing in my dashboard.

Untitled.png

i would appreciate if anyone can help

20 Replies
gayandilhara
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you try using the query in the QVW and attempt running in a DBMS? If there were no changes to the QVW recently then it could be the volume of the data increasing. Maybe if you run the SQL separately and if that executes in quick time then you can focus on the QVW.

Also it might be worth to check if any other program is taking up the server resources that may be depriving Qlikview dashboards running at full potential.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Use ScriptLogAnalyzer tool, to find out where exactly the script load is taking time. Useful tool. Find the attachment. !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sivasankar

Thank you... i used "ScriptLogAnalyzer" . it's cool

But My problem is my log file and log tab in Qlik console are different, in log file it took just 10 min long but in log tab in console took 7 hours long !!!

So i can't check log tab in console with ScriptLogAnalyzer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan

where can i check amount or data records processed?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think you are looking at two different log files.

The document log is created when running the QVW script, it logs all Information related to the ETL process.

The number of rows processed should be part of that, written each time a table is loaded.

The other log is created by the service that is triggered by Task Scheduler, which is responsible to actually load the document, execute the script, save it and potentially perform distribution etc. tasks.

Looks to me like the reload is quite fast, but an remote distribution task takes Ages to complete, but could be wrong here.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Elham,

As stefan and the script log tool confirms that the reload is fast, to me it looks like the issue with distribution service.

Probably memory leak issue, Can you try restarting the distribution service of Qlikview server?

-Siva

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Hi '

You have synthetic keys in your data model. Try resolving them as they might be slowing up the load process

3/12/2017 4:28:10 AM:   $Syn 1 = ServiceDetail_ID+ServiceDetail_ServiceDetailTerm
3/12/2017 4:30:38 AM:   $Syn 2 = ADTID+ServiceTypeID

hth

Sas

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

From the log file, synthetic key is not taking the time. It is the distribution process which is taking long time.

Restarting distribution service should fix the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi to all of you kind people

My problem just solved, i just replace a last version of my dashboard with the new one

I don't know exactly which part of my script section had caused the problem. but fortunately finally solved.

Again thank you for your kind and generous support.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Great.