Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

inline load

Hi

I have a chart displaying the data associated with a record  by year( example: MR A has Year1...Year2....Year5). The table has these Year1..Year2...Year5 associated for Mr A. My issue is I want to show in the chart Year3..Year4 as well. but the since no data associated wtih Mr A i am  unable to do it.

I am new to qlikview. could anyone help me to best way. I read using inline i can load manually Year1...Year2...Year3...Year4..Year5. but how can i match and display

thanks very much

6 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Do u have five years in the data itself?

If so,

Use Year as Dimension:

uncheck suppress when value is null and Show all values in the dimension tab.

uncheck suppres zero values in presentation tab.

hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Can you Upload an image or Excel File with the Example that you show.??????

Regards!!!

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Is the Issue with Mr A. and MR A

If it is use, CAPITALIZE(fieldname) as FieldName in the Script and it may help

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Sorry, I read this wrong, I think if you go with Mayil Vahanan Ramasamy you should be OK

naveenchellaara
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

from the your post, i guess only Mr.A is not associated Year3 and Year4. I guess other records have values for Year3 and Year4.  If that is the case, then using inline table is not the answer. Instead you can

do as Mayil Vahanan Ramasamy said.

Or you can have user as a dimension and create an expression for each year so that the chart will always show all five years.

Thanks

Naveenchellaaraam.D

Not applicable
Author

HI

to calrify this question better.

thanks very much. i have attached a sample data. if you look A has year associated as 2000 and 2002. when i do display A's record the chart will show the values for A as year 2000 and 200 with values 12 and 5.. but i want to show year 2001 ,2004 as well though its not associated with a value 0. how could i achieve this.

test1.jpg