Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

input fields and synthetic joins

Hi,

I am currently building a table which has the ability for the user to enter data into an input field, upload it to a db, then download it again from the db upon reloading. My tables are all partial reloads since there are too many to be loaded at once (would take too long to pull).

When I try to reload my data, ignoring the comment upload, old inputfield values from before the reload are still in the table. along with this, they are creating a large number of synthetic tables.

The first issue I am seeing is that when I reload sometimes my comments are replaced by random numbers, usually when the comment was previously blank.

The second issue is that my query continues to create OSAR1-2, OSAR1-3, OSAR1-4, OSAR1-5, etc.

and the third issue is that the Left join is not working correctly, meaning that there are comment lines/unique IDs which are NOT in TableReport that are in OSAR2 that are being displayed. Shouldnt the left join be ignoring anything not in TableReport?

below is a snippet of code which is very similar to mine:

if (vTable = 'OSAR' )  then

TableReport:

Select * from ABCDEFG;

//Note this and OSAR2 both have the UNIQUE_ID

set ErrorMode=0;

INPUTFIELD OSAR1;

OSAR1:

Replace LOAD UNIQUE_ID

RESIDENT TableReport

Left join (OSAR1)

OSAR2:

replace SQL

Select distinct

* from TableOfComments;

// TableOfComments has both the UNIQUE_ID field and a text field called "OSAR1" so the comment can be seen in the inputfield after refreshing rather than a separate field.

end if;

Can the inputfield memory/storage be deleted each time I initiate a partial reload?

How can I prevent all the synthetic tables from being created?

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Below is a screenshot of some of the things I am seeing. The table structure has several tables which I did not explicitly create in my load script. The only 3 tables that should exist are OSAR1, OSAR2, and the highlighted table below "TabOSARselect".

Along with this there is the screenshot below that displaying the incremental comments being added which were never added by a user nor do they come from the query pulling the comment field in the first place. Why does Qlikview insert the numbers? also find that sometimes it inserts "Missing Value"

This memory appears to get deleted when initiating a full reload, however the partial reload keeps this memory stored, creating a new table each time I partially reload.

TableStructure.PNGRandomNumbersInputField.PNG