Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

instead of checking preceding load option can we right that syntax in script level? imagine no preceding load?

instead of checking preceding load option  can we right that syntax in script level? imagine no preceding load?

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Dont understand your question properly.

But yes, If you dont want to use Preceding Load.... you can use Resident Load instead.

Not applicable
Author

by using preceeding we are using qlikview syntax right

my question is if we select preceding option only we are getting qlikview syntax

what i am asking u is with out selecting that option(preceding) can we write that load stament manually in script level?

is it work?

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Manoj,

As per my Knowledge the use of "Preceding load" option is  for  default qlikview syntax format.

Means you need not written any load statement /you can directly write sql query also like below i mention

select * from AdventureWorksDW2008R2.dbo.Emp;

(or)

LOAD "Emp_Id", "Emp_name", "Dept_name";

SQL SELECT *

FROM AdventureWorksDW2008R2.dbo.Emp;

both are same.

Load statement is useful for qlikview understandable format and we can create alias names for columns means Rename the original column name.like(Emp_Name as "Emp Name")

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"what i am asking u is with out selecting that option(preceding) can we write that load statement manually in script level?"

Yes.

-Rob