Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

is it possible to show 3 separate bars for one month & 3 different Year..??

Hi Folks ,

this is a kind of special requirement for me ,

1.we have 3 main categories of data each category(A,B,C) is having 3 (2013,2014,2015)years of data.

so my user wants to compare the his data based on different years , different Categories .

we are providing 3 slots for seelction of filters category , year and month.so we get around 9 combinations (Please use permutations and cominations ).

in each slot he will select any one value from the each of the filters , it may be repeated values like same Category

ex: A,2013,Jul - slot1

A,2014,Jul - slot2

A,2015,Jul - slot3

I want to show this kind of data in the Bar chart. and I want 3 separate bars for each Slot...Is it Possible ???

If possible Please respond with work around...

2. in my data I don't have data for  B,2013,Aug  selection , and in the second slot am selecting B,2014,Aug  which is having value, and this second selection is over riding with the first section i.e it is showing B,2014,Aug selection data in B,2013,Aug.

Any way to avoid this...?, i want to show a empty bar  or null value if no data available.

3. and  am using Month as dimension and the legend is Jan , Feb,Mar,.....etc

I want to show this by concatenating with the respective year i.e if i select  Aug , 2014 in the first slot i want to show Aug-2014 below of that particular bar...and if i select Nov,2015 then I have to show Nov-2015...Etc

Please respond with your possible suggestions...

Thanks in advance...please don't hesitate to ask me if you need any more information..

Regards,

Sra1.

2 Replies
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

yes you need to add 3 expressions and put in the where condition of the set analysis of each expression {<Slot={'Slotx'}>} and your dimension will be the month-year

I can walk on water when it freezes
amayuresh
Creator III
Creator III

Please is this answer your query,

My Data is

t:

LOAD * INLINE [

Month, Year, Amount, Category

Jan, 2012, 100, A

Jan, 2013, 150, A

Jan, 2014, 50, A