Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepakqlikview_123
Specialist
Specialist

iterno in where condition for date comparison consumes a long time to reload.

Hi,

The below condition consumes a long time in data reload,

 

WHILE Num ([Original Planned Delivery Date] + Iterno ()) <= Num (Today ())

any suggestions are welcome to reduce the load time.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Regards,

Deepak

 

40 Replies
deepakqlikview_123
Specialist
Specialist
Author

Hi @edwin ,

I have attached the original sample file for the same.

Thanks

edwin
Specialist III
Specialist III

@deepakqlikview_123 this does not look like the input file as it does not have the factory dates.  without the factory dates you cant compute for factory total days.

edwin
Specialist III
Specialist III

the binary input file i mean

deepakqlikview_123
Specialist
Specialist
Author

Hi @edwin 

PFA.

Thanks

edwin
Specialist III
Specialist III

i ran my code against binary.qvw.  

the file prior to reload had 1416 rows after reload its still 1416.  

not all row items will have a delivery diff days value, if the calendar is NULL or NA - it will be null.

see attached

deepakqlikview_123
Specialist
Specialist
Author

Thanks, Edwin for your valuable inputs. But whenever I am applying it to the data sets issues still persist.

Attached are the test files for the same.

edwin
Specialist III
Specialist III

are you able to articulate what the issues are?

edwin
Specialist III
Specialist III

the two QVWs look the same so im not sure what the issue is

deepakqlikview_123
Specialist
Specialist
Author

I have attached the sample data file for the same.

edwin
Specialist III
Specialist III

I did a line by line comparison between my code and the original code.  my original solution just shows how you can calculate number of work days sourced from a different table. 

to do the final test, I added your business rule to my code.

I added a new field where the business rule VALID (see attached)  this is the stat resulting in my script, the total days diff matches 100%

but the original script had 861 more lines with 0 days diff than the new script.  when I checked why, the original factory calendar values for these are either NULL or NA which I don't know is valid or not.  see attached.

if you want to see the 861, just select/filter for Test=1