Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

killing qv.exe process through batch file

Hi all,

Currently i'm running th qlikview file through batch file with below command for every 30 minutes.

"C:\QlikView\Program Files\qv.exe" /r "C:\EAT_V4.2\DataExtractor\DataExtractor30Minutes.qvw"

Now i'm facing the problem in task manger --> Process tab , it is holding the old qv.exe. Because of this after some time period qlikview got stop working to open or run batch files. But after killing the old process Manually again its getting working.

Is there any command for killing the old qv.exe process in taskmanager through  BATCH file ?

Thanks in advance.

13 Replies
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi guys!

Did you have any solution yet?

Since we installed the QV11 server, there is always running a qv.exe.

If we tried to kill it by "taskkill" windowns function, the system creates automatically another qv.exe.

It stucks our macro functions in a never ended loop.

Hope you can help me.

Regards, Marcel.

Not applicable
Author

Hi marcel,

Try this below command in batch file, i think it will help you bcoz it works for me.

taskkill /F /IM qv.exe

Regards,

Venkat

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Thanks Venkat for your answer,

unfortunatelly I added that line in my batch file script yesterday, and it worked, but partially, because the system "magically" creates another qv.exe instance. I don't know why.

It seems to be a bug, I'm just trying to manage it meanwhile qliktech is solving this problem.

Do you have any more ideas?

Regards, Marcel.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try to restart all the Qlikview services and just try again the command. It might resolve your problem.

If any other better approach i will let you know.

Regards,

Venkat.