Skip to main content
Announcements
Announcing Qlik Talend® Cloud and Qlik Answers™ to accelerate AI adoption! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

load data

Hi everybody!!

This is my first time in this post and I´m new qlikview user. I have read some post before about some problem I had befiore but this time I write because I didn´t found anything similar to my case.

I am trying to do a qlikview to analise my analytic data, so I have a view in microsoft access as a result of liking the analytic data table with a table called SOCIEDADES, that clasifies data in one way. I reviewed the results of that view and they are correct, but when I do a pivot table in my qlikview data, there is almost one general field (Benefit centers) that show me all the values and appears an addicional column with zero values (as if the was unclasified).

If I show the partial sum of that field, I can corroborate that all data were loaded ok. What can I do? Any idea?

Thaks for your soon answers, fiber.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Fiber,

For removing synthetic key follow the below steps.

Create a generic key with combination of all your keys like SOCIEDAD&'-'&ANO&'-'&CUENTA&'-'&NOMCUENTA as Link_Key in both tables.

Use this "Link_Key" to link the tables ( If you create the generic key in two tables with the same name, qlikview will automatically links both the tables)

Comment following fields from any one of the two table (i.e 119_DATOS_FINANCIEROS,1004_ANALITICA_QLIK) which you think is not the master table.

* SOCIEDAD
* ANO
* CUENTA
* NOMCUENTA

Now the synthetic key would be removed and there would be only only key between two table i.e. "Link_Key".

By this way you can remove the synthetic key and there are many ways to remove the synthetic keys.

For more info on "HOW TO REMOVE SYNTHETIC KEY", search this forum.

Hope this helps you.

-Sridhar

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

As I can´t understand why it could be happen, I continued searching the error and when I have done a table box I see some registers with null values (empty), just one of three. Even though, as I said before, the partial sum is ok.

I hpoe I help you to solve my problem. Thanks!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fiber,

Can you pl post an example and explain us , what is you problem and the o/p required from the same data?

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for answer sridhar.

I can´t give you the file because I´ll give you all my analytic data and I don´t know how I can make you an example becasuse I´ve never had this problem with less data. So, I upload a document with the images of my problem and I say you that 1004_ANALITICA_QLIKVIEW table has 152.000 and 119_DATOS_FINANCIEROS 13.000 registers each other.

I hope that it could be enough to solve my problem. Thanks for your interest.

I appreciate any idea. Fiber

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fiber,

I coud not able to get any field names in your table viewer, since it is not english [:'(]

But i could figure out, the problem which your are facing is might cause of the synthetic key.

Try removing the synthetic key and check your values in pivot table.

Hope this should help you, i dnt find any problem other than this Cool

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

I´m so sorry but there´s something I don´t understand.

How can I remove the synthetic key if it´s created automatically on the loading dataset? Also, if company field (SOCIEDAD) is always filled in both tables, which is the reason to remove it? If I remove it I lose one of the links, isn´t it?

Fiber

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fiber,

For removing synthetic key follow the below steps.

Create a generic key with combination of all your keys like SOCIEDAD&'-'&ANO&'-'&CUENTA&'-'&NOMCUENTA as Link_Key in both tables.

Use this "Link_Key" to link the tables ( If you create the generic key in two tables with the same name, qlikview will automatically links both the tables)

Comment following fields from any one of the two table (i.e 119_DATOS_FINANCIEROS,1004_ANALITICA_QLIK) which you think is not the master table.

* SOCIEDAD
* ANO
* CUENTA
* NOMCUENTA

Now the synthetic key would be removed and there would be only only key between two table i.e. "Link_Key".

By this way you can remove the synthetic key and there are many ways to remove the synthetic keys.

For more info on "HOW TO REMOVE SYNTHETIC KEY", search this forum.

Hope this helps you.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Yeah! I´ve got it!! It was an error in text accounting field. As there were two descriptions to one account number, the filtering function doesn´t work well.

Thanks for your answer sridhar, maybe you didn´t ckear my problem directly but helped me to make me sure I didn´t have problem in the main concept.

Thanks!! Stick out tongue