Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

lock down line chart to stop filters effecting data it shows

Hello

I have a line chart which will show (over time) a MonthYear trend for a KPI measure.  I do not want the chart object to be influenced by any selection or filters applied anywhere else in the dashboard - effectively 'locking it down' to always show the same data, which will be all the MonthYear values from the MonthYear dimension.

I cant get it to do this and have played around with the best position to but the identifiers in the set analysis expression, which is as follows:

=num(count(DISTINCT {1<[Date Requested]={'>=01/04/2015'},CompReactiveWorksKPI={'yes'}, status_cat={'closed'}>} if(Aggr({1} max([DateTime Finished]<[DateTime of Escalation Completion]), [Work Request Code]), [Work Request Code]))/
count(DISTINCT {1<[Date Requested]={'>=01/04/2015'},CompReactiveWorksKPI={'yes'}, status_cat={'closed'}>}[Work Request Code]), '#,##0.00%')

KPI Chart.jpg

Any ideas where I'm going wrong??

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Your aggr-part with the max-function looked quite strange and it's not clear what d you want to do on this step. I suggest you split the expression in parts in another table-chart. First without set analysis and if this worked you add step by step more complexity.

Alternative to your set analysis filter you could check if to detach the chart or the use of alternate states:

Qlikview-Alternate States Fundamental-Inheritted vs Default

- Marcus

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

For what I can see without the qvw there are a few errors, especially in this part:

if(Aggr({1} max([DateTime Finished]<[DateTime of Escalation Completion]), [Work Request Code]),[Work Request Code])

Try with

=num(count(DISTINCT {1<[Date Requested]={'>=01/04/2015'},CompReactiveWorksKPI={'yes'}, status_cat={'closed'},[DateTime of Escalation Completion]={">=$(=max([DateTime Finished]))"}>} [Work Request Code])

/

count(DISTINCT {1<[Date Requested]={'>=01/04/2015'},CompReactiveWorksKPI={'yes'}, status_cat={'closed'}>}[Work Request Code]), '#,##0.00%')

If that does not work you will need to share a sample qvw

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can try Alternate states or you can try this expression

=num(count(DISTINCT {1<[Date Requested]={'>=01/04/2015'},CompReactiveWorksKPI={'yes'}, status_cat={'closed'}>} if(Aggr({1} max({1}[DateTime Finished]<[DateTime of Escalation Completion]), [Work Request Code]),[Work Request Code]))/

count({1}DISTINCT {1<[Date Requested]={'>=01/04/2015'},CompReactiveWorksKPI={'yes'}, status_cat={'closed'}>}[Work Request Code]), '#,##0.00%')

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.