Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulwalker
Creator III
Creator III

long to refresh in QMC

Hi Community,

I'm troubling with ETL, in my local system working fine, taking refresh time around 13 mins. but in QMC taking more than 30 mins.  is there any problem ?  (have restarted services also, but no use)

Have scheduled in QMC below order one by one.. 

- QVD Generator   working fine fetching  from SQL tables 
    - ETL  (here using QVD's, but taking more time )
       - Dashboard   Working fine

Paul

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This most likely relates to where the QVD files are located in relation to the server, if they are on a Windows File Share, it is possible the network bandwidth is the bottleneck in reading/writing things, and the obvious test would be to move them local to the machine performing the reloads to see how things behave that way.

The other thing could be File Server performance related, again, if a Windows File Share is being used and that File Share is through a different server.  One thing to be sure of is that Windows\Control Panel\Power Options setting is always set to Max/High Performance option for servers involved in our infrastructure, as this will ensure the highest CPU frequencies possible in processing requests.

Really need further information here to be able to provide better information, things regarding architecture of the environment and deltas between how you are doing things via Desktop Client versus Reload Engine/Publisher...  One thing we always recommend is comparing your Document/Script logs to see for sure where things are taking longer that way, but again, given QVD files, I have to imagine this is file system related, which is Windows OS area, so you may need to engage your platform team to have a look to see if there are any other tweaks they can make to things to improve file system performance.

I just talked with a customer the other day that had some really sharp folks on their team that noticed the file blocking was causing issues in their environment and they adjusted the block size to a much larger size and that improved performance significantly for them without having to do anything else, so anything I/O related from disk significantly ran much faster after increasing the block sizes.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.