Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

modeling

i want to know real time knowledge about how man tabs will be there in scripting and how dimension tables and fact tables will load into qlikview is there an specified order

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Venu:

You can have as many tabs as you want in your scripts. Tabs should contain scripts for related tables but you can always create one tab per table or qvd.

The purpose of tabs is to organize your scripts.

QlikView runs script left to right and top to bottom so in your script if you are referencing a table that table has to be created first.

You can load dimension and facts in any order but you can follow the ETL concepts and load dimensions before the fact. But important thing to understand is (as i mentioned above) tables you want to refrerence should be created before in the script.

Let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
its_anandrjs

Refer this document for the Data Modelling related solutions

Creating a Data Model

Not applicable
Author

Venu:

You can have as many tabs as you want in your scripts. Tabs should contain scripts for related tables but you can always create one tab per table or qvd.

The purpose of tabs is to organize your scripts.

QlikView runs script left to right and top to bottom so in your script if you are referencing a table that table has to be created first.

You can load dimension and facts in any order but you can follow the ETL concepts and load dimensions before the fact. But important thing to understand is (as i mentioned above) tables you want to refrerence should be created before in the script.

Let me know if this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Really helpful

but i did not get last point

Not applicable
Author

Hi Venu,

i think that chand told about possibility of using some loaded data in next parts of your script. Sometimes you may want to load data into memory and next reference that data loading some next tables or calculating some variable value.

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

Venu:

While creating a data model, you will be creating tables and also reference already created table

i.e. you might create Table1,Table2,tabl3 and while creating Table 4 you may require to reference Table2..so my point was when you reference Table2 , it should have been already created, otherwise you will get an error.