Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

multiple variables

dear all i have multiple textboxes that is A, B, C and D. I also have container 1, 2, 3 and 4. I want a condition to click text box A and show container 1 only with the other hidden. similarly if i select textbox B, i want container 2 to show whiles everything is hidden and so on.

Any help is appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
luke1986
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Bruce,

If you have 4 Textboxes , you need to add 4 Variables in Qlikview. Name them something like vBoxA, vBoxB, vBoxC and vBoxD.

Right Click on your Text Box A, select Properties, go to Tab “Actions”. -->Insert Action --> External --> Set Variable. Now add the first variable “vBoxA” and give it the value 1. Now add the other 3 the same way but with value 0.

Now continue doing this with the other 3 Boxes and always put the value to 1 it the box name matches the variable.  Textbox B = vBoxB Value1.

Now right click on your container, which should only show up if Box A is selected and go to tab layout. Activate condition. Insert here vBoxA=1 and vBoxB=0  and vBoxC=0 and vBoxD=0

Now it only shows up when the Variables are matching.

Greetz Lukas

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could set with the texboxes a variable-value which controls the visibility of the container (option in tab layout in top right area), for example: the variable vVisible get a value from 1 - 4 and within the layout condition you queries:

if($(vVisible) = 1, 1, 0)

appropriate to your containers.

- Marcus

luke1986
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello Bruce,

If you have 4 Textboxes , you need to add 4 Variables in Qlikview. Name them something like vBoxA, vBoxB, vBoxC and vBoxD.

Right Click on your Text Box A, select Properties, go to Tab “Actions”. -->Insert Action --> External --> Set Variable. Now add the first variable “vBoxA” and give it the value 1. Now add the other 3 the same way but with value 0.

Now continue doing this with the other 3 Boxes and always put the value to 1 it the box name matches the variable.  Textbox B = vBoxB Value1.

Now right click on your container, which should only show up if Box A is selected and go to tab layout. Activate condition. Insert here vBoxA=1 and vBoxB=0  and vBoxC=0 and vBoxD=0

Now it only shows up when the Variables are matching.

Greetz Lukas

Not applicable
Author

I think this is what i wanted just tested and its working...... thank you, my mistake was I was just adding one variable with and and condition