Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

mystery if then else error in script

Hello,

I'm having trouble with if/then/else in a script. I had this working in a different document, but I get script errors now. The exact script below throws the error. If I comment out the If/Endif statement, it runs fine. What am I missing (I know it's something painfully obvious, but I've been searching Google and the forums for ~60 mins with no luck).

Once I solve the "outer" if/then, I need to work on the inner if/then, but one thing at a time!

ifscripterror.gif

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Well..... I continued having script gremlins. The debugger and the "normal" reload would intermittently throw "script error: endif" errors. I eventually made this go away by changing to a switch on a boolean:

solved.gif

I think the compiler must do some crazy partial evaluation behind the scenes... hence the sporadic errors with the prior syntax.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Is there any

LET vCount

BEFORE the for "loop"?

Not applicable
Author

Yes. I LET vCount = 0; before the loop. This was working in the other document I created.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

What is the exact error message?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Have you defined the variable for

vTargetOut

Is it looking in the correct directory

Not applicable
Author

Alan,

I know everything is working apart from the if/then because everything works properly when I comment out the if/then (see below).

noifnoerror.gif

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Somehting's wrong with vCount...  What the error is?

Try to run in the debug mode.

Not applicable
Author

Well.... the error was "Script Error: ENDIF". After several iterations of commenting and uncommenting pieces of the if clause, the script now works. I didn't make any changes to the code itself. This is weird. Here's the working code:

nowitworks.gif

I'll chalk this up to gremlins and proceed with fingers crossed. Thank you for your help!

Not applicable
Author

Well... as mentioned above, this is now mysteriously working with no code changes. I have no idea what happened!

nowitworks.gif

Thank you for your help, though!

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Well...

Maybe because Oct 31 is coming