Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III

neglecting selections in a particular field without using set analysis?

I have created a bar chart in which [Month-Year] is the Dimension & the expression is as shown below-

=Count(DISTINCT Aggr(If((STATUS<>'CNCL' AND COMPLETED >= MonthStart(Max(Date)) and Match(Type, 'Scheduled','Completed')),
CODE), Month, CODE, COMPLETED, SCHEDEND, Type))

Now when a selection is made in the list box "Month", the data only with respect to that month is shown in this bar chart. How do I make any selections made in month/year/[Month-Year] not effect this chart?

Using set analysis will work, but since I am using Aggr function here, not sure how to fit this in. Does anybody have an idea on this?

Thank you.

4 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

=Count({<Month>}DISTINCT Aggr(If((STATUS<>'CNCL' AND COMPLETED >= MonthStart(Max(Date)) and Match(Type, 'Scheduled','Completed')),
CODE), Month, CODE, COMPLETED, SCHEDEND, Type))

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

something like this could work for you.

=Count(DISTINCT Aggr({<STATUS-={'CNCL'} , COMPLETED {">=$( MonthStart(Max(Date)))"} , Type={ 'Scheduled','Completed'},Month, Year,[Month-Year] >} CODE), Month, CODE, COMPLETED, SCHEDEND, Type))

without set analysis! sorry.

sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Count({<Month, Year, MonthYear>}DISTINCT

Aggr(

If(Only({<Month, Year, MonthYear>}STATUS) <> 'CNCL' and

Only({<Month, Year, MonthYear>}COMPLETED) >= MonthStart(Max({<Month, Year, MonthYear>}Date)) and         Match(Only({<Month, Year, MonthYear>}Type), 'Scheduled','Completed'),

Only({<Month, Year, MonthYear>}CODE))

, Month, CODE, COMPLETED, SCHEDEND, Type))

Kushal_Chawda

Try to convert entire expression in set analysis as complex if condition may give you performance issue, try below expression

Sum({<Month, Year, MonthYear>}aggr(Count(DISTINCT {<Month, Year, MonthYear,STATUS-={'CNCL'} ,COMPLETED ={">=$(=MonthStart(Max(Date)))"} ,Type={'Scheduled','Completed'}>}CODE), Month, CODE, COMPLETED, SCHEDEND, Type))