Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhubabum
Creator
Creator

out of object memory issue in Pivot table

Hi all

I have 6 dimensions in my pivot table  & i write an expression in Expression tab

Issue : It will showing an error like "Out of Object Error"......

What are the major reasons for that 'out of object error' ?

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

One of the reason could be that the dimensions and/or expression comes from different tables which may cause a Cartesian product and require a lot of RAM.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It could be due to a cartesian join in your table. I your dimension / expression combination includes fields in multiple tables, these tables have to be joined in memory. If there is no common key between the table, then QV is forced to make a cross-join (aka cartiesian) join. This produces a table with the number of rows being a product of the number of rows in all the tables involved and can easily exceed the memory available to QV.

Large expression joins with low cardinality common keys would produce similar problem.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
madhubabum
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jonathan dienst

I am using  2 pivot tables :

Pivot table 1: Using Region (Drill down Dimension) &

Expression :

count( aggr(Count(EquipmentId),EquipmentGroupName,EquipmentClassName,EquipmentModelName))

Pivot table  2: Using Group (Drill down dimension) & Expression : Count(DISTINCT EquipmentId)

Note : If i select "region" filter on multi box , The values are not matching on both pivot tables..

(Totals are not matching on bellow Pivot two tables)

Untitled.png

So, How can i rectify this one ?

Thanks

madhu