Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max_potass
Creator
Creator

owssvr.dll Sharepoint RPC-Request not working

Hi everyone,

orit

I already tried to find something for this specific problem, but did not found anything...

I want to connect Sharepoint to QlikView. I did this two time before with two other lists. I retried this method, to make sure, I did everything correct, which I did.

I get my URL for the request from sharepoint via an .iqy. This normally works just fine. Now I have a new list and wanted to do the same thing. The Excel connection via .iqy works fine, as usual. But if I put in the url into any browser, I get an "This site is temporarily not available" instead of the usual xml answer. The URL is perfectly fine, compared with the working ones...

The only difference I can make out is, that the two working lists are in another site collection (I hope that is the right term).

I tried looking for any setting or features which are configured differently, but I did not find a thing and if the .iqy can connect via excel, I do not see, why it should not work with any other tool...

Does anyone have a clue, what the problem might be?

Best regards

Max

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
max_potass
Creator
Creator
Author

So it turns out, the Problem is a field type. You cannot export Persons like this, at least in our setup.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
max_potass
Creator
Creator
Author

So it turns out, the Problem is a field type. You cannot export Persons like this, at least in our setup.

ad4
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue and discovered that appending &Query=* to the string pulls all fields, which seems to be a work around.

example:

https://site/subsite/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&List={GUID}&XMLDATA=TRUE&Query=*