Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

peek function and group dimensions

Hi All,

Need to understand 2 things.

1. can anybody let me know . is their any actual practical scenarios where we could use a peek function. I know the syntax for peek.. but I just need know to when and at what all situation I need to use a peek function..?

2.the same question for group dimensions?

13 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's correct. A reload will remove all the data and then load the data as specified in the script. Previously loaded means the data loaded in a table created by a part of the script that was executed before the current position of execution of the script or it means data from records already processed by the executing part of the script.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

hi neetha,

thanks for the good explanation .. can you tell me where can i use peek in practical scenario other than date examples

for ex in customer or product projects or employee projects where couldi think using peek

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi benny,

Please check below posts where peek function is used in real time scenarios:

Populating-a-sparsely-populated-field

Data transformation

How to fill empty lines

Sparsely populated field

you can use peek in any practical scenario where we need to populate data from previous records or next records or involves transformation of data,it's not limited to any entity or domain,as peek function is one of data transformation techniques in qlikview script.

in these forum you have lot of posts for peek function,please go thru them,you may get some idea.

regards

neetha

Digvijay_Singh

I feel Peek and Previous to be understood together -

Peek() or Previous() ?

Courtesy - troyansky