Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pivot table chart - title

I have created a pivot table chart title, to display the filters selected.

But when I export the pivot table to Excel, how can I make the title show in the report?

or do you have any other ideas.  All the filters are not part of the pivot table chart display.  Therefore, when a filter is applied I created an expression in the chart title to display the filters seleted.  It works great, but when exporting to excel this title which includes the filters applied, does not show.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

First of all stop exporting to Excel.

one option you can try is instead of the caption put your current selection in the total label for the first dimension

Regards,

Ivan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When exporting to Excel using the standard function it is not possible to send the caption also.

You could add an expression to your table, and show the selections on the first row only, by using the RowNo function:

=if(rowno(total) = '1', $(Selections), null())

This will look a bit odd on screen though.

If you search QlikCommunity you will find a number of examples of how you can write output to Excel using a Macro, this will then allow you to use VBScript to write the Selections to a cell in Excel before inserting the data.

If you use Print rather than Export then the ability to include selections is included.

You could use a third party tool for sending data to Excel.  The one I recommend is called NPrinting, and this allows you to send data to a pre-defined Excel template, into which you could also write the current selections.

Please get in touch with me if you would like more information on NPrinting.

- Steve

Quick Intelligence

iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

First of all stop exporting to Excel.

one option you can try is instead of the caption put your current selection in the total label for the first dimension

Regards,

Ivan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Ivan Trayanov for taking time to respond and for your willingness to share your knowledge.

Not applicable
Author

thank you Steve Dark for taking time to respond and for your willingness to share your knowledge.  I will certainly try out your option too.

Not applicable
Author

How to set the title in VBScript macro ?