Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

pivottable: Show also Null values

Dear experts,

I have a problem with displaying of the Null values in pivottable. If I select the "Filter"-value, then corresponding entry will be not displaying. In the property-->presentation I don't set "Nullwerte weglassen". I want that all Applications always be shown in the corresponding Technologiecluster. Java-Cluster is an example.

By Property -->Dimension-->Application I set "Alle Werte Anzeigen"

Qlikview.JPG

property.JPG

Kind regards for your support

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The problem may be that the values are MISSING rather than null - this can be caused by an incomplete association between tables where the key field(s) exists in only one of the tables. Expressions using fields from the other table will be missing, not null. The workaround is to add records to populate the missing associations in some way.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Correct me if I understood wrong.

But you can go to

Properties>Dimension>Uncheck 'Supress When Value Is Null'

It will show you all null values as well

Not applicable
Author

In my properties --> dimension I already set: "Show all values" In properties --> Presentation: uncheck "Suspress Zero-Values" and the values in "Application" are still not shown.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Check this link below and also search for any other related discussions on showing null values.

How to display NULL values as 'NULL' instead of '-'

Not applicable
Author

I inserted into my Script, but it still not working.

NULLASVALUE *;

SET NullValue ='NULL' ;

If I set some filters and there are no values, then the affected application will not shown. I just want to "fix" or "show also Nullvalues" column application.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The problem may be that the values are MISSING rather than null - this can be caused by an incomplete association between tables where the key field(s) exists in only one of the tables. Expressions using fields from the other table will be missing, not null. The workaround is to add records to populate the missing associations in some way.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

How to populate a sparsely populated field

NULL handling in QlikView

Generating Missing Data In QlikView

Not applicable
Author

It's correct! I have inserted in my mapping-table the missing entries and now I get all values! Thank you !