Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmichael
Creator
Creator

pls help on set analysis and aggr function

Hi experts,

My case is there are several product managers (A, B, C etc.), each manger manages some products (prodId) by setting the product to be Active/Inactive. A product can be set to active/inactive for many times.

So I have a table to track the history of each product, the table looks like below,

ProdManager

prodId

Is_Active

Update_Date

Comment

A

1/1/2018

Product activated

A

5/1/2018

Product deactivated

A

2/1/2017

A

2/1/2018

A

3/1/2018

B

1/15/2018

B

2/15/2018

B

3/15/2018

B

4/15/2018

B

5/15/2018

For example, ProdManager A activated ProdId=101 on 1/1/2018, so this prodId keeps in Active state until it's set to be Inactive on 5/1/2018.

Now I want to count how many active reports each manager have as of a date user specified (kept in a vDate variable)

For example, if vDate = 2/28/2018, I should get below table:

ProdManager

Num of Active Products

A

B

0 (because prodId 201 is not in Active state as of 2/28/2018)

For manager A, the num of active products as of 2/28/2018 is 2, because prodId = 101 and 102 are both in Active state.

For manager B, the num of active products as of 2/28/2018 is 0, because no active products (201 was set to Inactive on 2/15/2018)

I tried using below formula to for "Num of Active products" column, but it gives me wrong answer on manager B.

=count(

{$<[Is_Active]={1}>}

aggr(max({$<Update_date={"$(='<=' & date(vDate) )"} >} Update_date), ProdManager,prodId)

)

My idea is for each manager and each product, I first find out the records that have the max Update_Date from all records that are earlier than vDate, then I count how many records in this subset have Is_Active = 1.

I attached my qvw for your reference. Could anyone help me get the correct formula for this? I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
achettipalli
Creator
Creator

Please find the attached.

used Sum(aggr(FirstSortedValue({<Update_date={"<=$(=vDate)"}>} Is_Active,-Update_date),prodId))

// I'm sure you can improve the above code for better performance.

// If its used more often in the dashboard, best suggestion is to use it in LOAD script and generate a column.

More info on FirstSortedValue(): FirstSortedValue()

Good luck!

Avinash

View solution in original post

3 Replies
achettipalli
Creator
Creator

Please find the attached.

used Sum(aggr(FirstSortedValue({<Update_date={"<=$(=vDate)"}>} Is_Active,-Update_date),prodId))

// I'm sure you can improve the above code for better performance.

// If its used more often in the dashboard, best suggestion is to use it in LOAD script and generate a column.

More info on FirstSortedValue(): FirstSortedValue()

Good luck!

Avinash

msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Avinash,

Thank you so much for your help. It's exactly what I need. I appreciate it!!

Michael

achettipalli
Creator
Creator

I'm glad its helpful.