cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II

problem loading dbf files (empty)

Hi I try to load a dbf file, i used odbc Microsoft Access dBase driver for *dbf files, with other dbf files this worked but for some reason using this dbf file the content is empty when i use the select function in the script after the connection is setup.

If i load it in msaccess i get the data, why not in QV?

Any idea?

22 Replies
Not applicable

I was having the same problems with dbf ...

Are you using the Microsoft Access dbase-driver?

Which messages are you receiving?

Best regards
Stefan WALTHER

lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Stefan,

I used the Microsoft Access Dbase driver, this worked with some older dbf files, but with this new file I am able to connect through the odbc connectie but when i click on select and the window from QV opens I can see the dbf file but the fields are not listed, it's only having the *, when clicking on OK the error below appears:

SQL Error:[Microsoft][ODBC dBASE-stuurprogramma] De Microsoft Office Access-database-engine kan het object DBFTAB_hypotheek niet vinden. Zorg ervoor dat het object bestaat en dat u de naam en het pad correct hebt gespeld.
SQL Scriptline:
SQL State:S0002
SQL SELECT *
FROM `C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LINDA MONINCX\BUREAUBLAD`\`DBFTAB_hypotheek`

It's saying that it can't find the object/dbf file.

is this simular with your problem?

Regards, Linda

Anonymous
Not applicable

I access dbf files using the visual foxpro driver (that I think is the best solution) and all work well and should works with all version of dbf files.

The driver is downlodable from microsoft sites

You first have to create the odbc connection in control panel and the use it in the script.

Hope can be helpful.

Luca C.

lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi, I tried the Visual Fox Pro as well but without result. The strange thing is that when i access through MS Access I get the data incl fields and content (data) but wihtin Qlikview nothing.

Linda

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, could you attach your files so i will make a test in my environment ?

Bye

Luca C.

lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am not able to upload a dbf file through this portal, can you provide me your email, mine is lmonincx@oneline.nl

Thanks for the help!

Linda

Not applicable

LMonincx wrote:
Hi Stefan,
I used the Microsoft Access Dbase driver, this worked with some older dbf files, but with this new file I am able to connect through the odbc connectie but when i click on select and the window from QV opens I can see the dbf file but the fields are not listed, it's only having the *, when clicking on OK the error below appears:
SQL Error:[Microsoft][ODBC dBASE-stuurprogramma] De Microsoft Office Access-database-engine kan het object DBFTAB_hypotheek niet vinden. Zorg ervoor dat het object bestaat en dat u de naam en het pad correct hebt gespeld.
SQL Scriptline:
SQL State:S0002
SQL SELECT *
FROM `C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\LINDA MONINCX\BUREAUBLAD`\`DBFTAB_hypotheek`
It's saying that it can't find the object/dbf file.
is this simular with your problem?
Regards, Linda<div></div>

... no unfortunately I had a completely different problem ...

Best regards

Stefan

Not applicable

How are you trying to connect to the dbase-files?

I was only able to create a DSN ...
Then try to play with the DNS-option "Show deleted rows" ... this solved my problems ...

Best regards
Stefan

Not applicable

Hi All,

Can anybody send me the set of steps to load the DBF files into qlikview. I want the steps for both the scenario. i,e what steps should be followed if dbf driver is available in my system and what steps has to be followed if dbf files are not available in the system.

Thanks and Regards,

Rikab