Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravi1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

qlikview database connection problem

Hi friends,

I am using qlikview 9 with professional license.I currently facing database problem where the db selection in the report is greyed out not only this i am also getting Data structure has been modified problem.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks

Ravikumar

2 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

hi,

here are some workarounds provided by support team.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000051230

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is going to be working as expected from what I can tell and the version you are running, as the three different client versions had different privileges, and in your case it appears someone has attempted to modify the script such that the Professional license will not allow things.  You will need to find an Enterprise level client to implement those changes, save things and then the Professional client should be able to run them at that point...  There were restrictions in the Professional client as to what data connections could be modified, believe SQL connections were not allowed via Professional, only things like text, Excel etc. were allowed to be added via Professional from what I recall, that was many years ago at this point, I do not even have any documentation on things, but if you still have the Client Reference Manual, check there, as that should have documentation regarding the limitations.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.