what could be possible reasons  for different timings on alternate days

Suggest me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Main reasons for me are

• the difference in the number of rows to be extracted
  • speed of the database or source
  • concurrency of other services running and using resources at the same time that QlikView reloads

Also, network usage if loading from a remote server, processes using disk (like backup or antivirus) while the files are stored, processes on the database (reindexing, cleanup, etc.) would also affect this way.

You will need to set the log to the highest verbosity and see which step takes longer (i.e.: is it reloading itself? is it saving files time? Connecting?)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Main reasons for me are

• the difference in the number of rows to be extracted
  • speed of the database or source
  • concurrency of other services running and using resources at the same time that QlikView reloads

Also, network usage if loading from a remote server, processes using disk (like backup or antivirus) while the files are stored, processes on the database (reindexing, cleanup, etc.) would also affect this way.

You will need to set the log to the highest verbosity and see which step takes longer (i.e.: is it reloading itself? is it saving files time? Connecting?)

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

actually it is because of the buffer load i think

we have buffer load stale after 1 day

so for the next day its taking from source db not qvd

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Am i right???

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, so the above still applies. If your source is slower, or has more rows to update from, the process will take longer.

I have to mention that I very seldom used buffer load, and it has been a long while since (version 10 and earlier) so I cannot offer you any good advice for speeding up buffer loads.

stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks for ur time