Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snehamahaveer
Creator
Creator

Sales Comparison based on introduction date

Hi All,

Currently in a sticky situation...Please help!

I have 5 products (column name Part_Desc) PA, PB, PC, PD, PE whose introduction dates (column name Intro_Date) are 01/01/2015, 01/05/2015, 01/09/2016, 01/01/2017, 01/04/2017.

I have 2 variables to identify the start and end date of comparison.

variable1:- vPIP_Intro_Date = '=Intro_Date'

variable2:- vPIP_Compare_Until_Date = '=Addmonths(vPIP_Intro_Date,3)'

My expression is =sum({<Invoice_Date = {'>=$(=vPIP_Intro_Date) <=$(=vPIP_Compare_Until_Date)'}>}[Invoiced Value])

This expression does work when 1 product is used, but fails when multiple products are selected. Am I writing the variable incorrectly or is it the expression. ?

I also tried the below expression but in vain.

=sum({<Invoice_Date = {'>=Intro_Date <=$(Addmonths(Intro_Date,2))'}>}

Thanks in advance,

SM

2 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Sneha,

In my opinion, this is because when choosing one product in Set Analisys expression we get specific values of the analysis boundaries, and when several values are selected, we get a certain set of boundary values and QlikView, conditionally speaking, does not know exactly what values to use in calculations. Therefore, returns, as usual in such cases, null values.

Regards,

Andrey

snehamahaveer
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I learned the hard way that Set analysis cannot calculate a value for month per row and had to introduce an IF statement and aggr it to make it work.