Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qualify keyword

hi

i am using 6 different tables product ,orderdetails etc. i have productid and unitprice columns in  product and orderdetails table thats why synthetic key issue is troubling me. i used qualify keyword

qualify productid,unitprice;

load statement of product

load statement for other tables

load orderdetails.

when i used qualify keyword like this in that case my unitprice column was showing no values means it became unavailable.

when i use qualify productid;

load product

load other tables

qualify unitprice;

load orderdetails

it worked....

why did this happen??

any problem with using qualify keyword???

i am attaching a pic for better understanding..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

For a start, it looks like you need to qualify PostalCode also as you are causing a circular relationship which is causing the loosely coupled table.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Is unitPrice is same in both product and order details table for the products?If so why not you remove the unit price field from order details field?

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

i think i can it with the as keyword.

but my problem is lot worse i am facing both synthetic key issues and loosely coupled table i am attaching with it the snap of the schema... please help me tackling this issue

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Attach Full schema.In the attached schema only synthetic exists there is not loosely coupled table.

Or post your complete script.

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

export2.png

Not applicable
Author

qlik view is telling me that invoices is a loosely coupled table and when i made a selection in productid of product,corresponding values in invoices didnt get selected..why and how to solve it?

Not applicable
Author

For a start, it looks like you need to qualify PostalCode also as you are causing a circular relationship which is causing the loosely coupled table.

Not applicable
Author

thnx Matt

i think oderid is also causing the loosely coupled table situation am i rite?

Not applicable
Author

I don't think so I think. It looks like OrderID is only acting as a relationship between the orders and their order lines which I expect is correct.