Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabb95501
Partner - Contributor III

"Edit module" button gets inactive after reload via macro

Hi,

I need help:

when I use the macro "ActiveDocument.Reload" to reload the whole Qlikview application, the macro actions are not available anymore and "Edit module" button gets inactive.

To active the "Edit module" button I have to close and re-open the application.

How I can solve this issue?

Thanks for your answers,

Fabio.

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

It shouldn't behave in this way. What do you mean with "macro actions are not available anymore"? Does QV react on any selections or sheet/object activations? Is there further code within the macro?

- Marcus

fabb95501
Author

Hi Marcus,

there is no further code within the macro.

In the sentence "macro actions are not available anymore" I mean that, after using the macro "ActiveDocument.Reload", "Edit module" button gets unavailable and I can't trigger macros afterwards. That's why I need to close and re-open Qlikview application.

If I understood well the second question, I trigger the macro "ActiveDocument.Reload" by clicking on a button object, but there is the same problem when basicly I test the subroutine in "Edit module".

marcus_sommer

Does the manually reload work without any error? Are there any other OnPostReload / OnOpen / OnActivate trigger within the application?

- Marcus

fabb95501
Author

Yes, the manual manually reload work without any error.

There aren't any other OnPostReload / OnOpen / OnActivate trigger within the application, but there are actions on some variables.

Fabio

marcus_sommer

If it aren't too many variable-actions you could try to disable / remove them but I don't really believe that they are the cause. If you says, you need to close the application - how it's done, just by clicking on the X button and receiving a popup if you want to save the app or you kill the instance per taskmanager?

- Marcus

fabb95501
Author

I need to close the application just by clicking on the X button and receiving a popup if I want to save the app.

- Fabio

marcus_sommer

On this point I suggest to create a complete new qvw with just a few data and executing there the reload-macro - just to exclude that the application is corrupt / incompatible (created/updated with different releases or maybe there exists a prj-folder or ...) in some way - and if it worked to add some of the variable-actions and then step by step the other content (if it breaks anywhere you found the issue).

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing that really makes any sense is you have a dialog that is popping up off-screen that you cannot see that is looking for some sort of response is my best hunch as to why this was occurring.  The easiest way to 'reset' things is to go to the Settings.ini file for the Desktop Client and remove all of the entries in the [WindowPOS] area, that will reset everything to default locations, which should then allow whatever was not appearing to appear.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.