Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"File has been modified..." message

Does anyone know how QlikView check if the document has been modified?

I would know when the message file "has been modified since the last save/open...." appears.

I published QlikVIew Developer in Citrix and every time I save the document the message appears.

Process Monitor (Sysinternals) shows unexpected operations on my file, by the "System" process:
FASTIO_ACQUIRE_FOR_CC_FLUSH
FASTIO_RELEASE_FOR_CC_FLUSH
IRP_MJ_CLOSE

When the message appears, the events have always taken place

Is possible to hide the message and save the file silently?

Stefano

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It means other people are editing same file same time. For good reason, QlikView will refuse to save the file. And Publisher task will fail for same reason.

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but I'm sure that the document isn't modified by other people. I can try with every document with the same behavior

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Stefano,

Is there any chance you are using any version 9 prior to SR6? Then that happened to me, that behaviour disappeared after updating. Actually, if I remember correctly, there were a couple of documented bugs about this.

Try opening that document in a v9 SR6 installation ad see whether that message keeps showing up.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

What kind of file system is used within Citrix ? Is it a networked file system with replication / synchronization / ( bugs ) ?

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer Miguel, yes I'm using the last 9 SR6.

@Alexandru: yes, my file is on a networked file system (a Win file server). But if I use a Win03 server without Citrix, there isn't the message.

Not applicable
Author

Is there any "local disk" in the Citrix? Try opening the QV files from a different disk than the network drive.

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Dear Alex

if I move the file to local disk and re try to save there isn't any message.

Why?

Not applicable
Author

Apparently it works in Citrix + local drive. But it does not work in Citrix + network drive. If so, what kind of network drive there is?

Look with SysInternals tools for what processes use the same QVW file. Look for "find handle" based on filename.

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Dear Alex, with ProcMon, on file there are 3 operation by the "System" process

FASTIO_ACQUIRE_FOR_CC_FLUSH
FASTIO_RELEASE_FOR_CC_FLUSH
IRP_MJ_CLOSE