Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Send to Excel"

I am facing one problem , i want to enable the option of "Send to Excel" for certain users and disable for rest of others. How this is Possible on Access Point without creating a Copy of same Application.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

If there are less number of objects, you can create objects with the checkbox Send to Excel checked in the access point itself. i.e Server Objects..and configure the share permissions to share to particular users.

In the actual application dont check the checkbox Send to Excel in Propertie-->Layout.

May be this is not the correct way but I think it would help to some extent

Not applicable
Author

Hi Priya,

Thanks, but as per my knowledge we can only give access to create any "Server Objects" on Access point to users. but i didnt found any option to restrict user to "Send to Excel" there.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I think you did not get what I meant..Let me tell you clearly..Suppose your report contains just a single chart..On your desktop application just create the chart named ABC without the option Send to Excel. Place it in access point. Now in access point itself, create a new chart with definition of chart same as ABC and check the box send to Excel.Let the new one be ABConServer

This ABConServer will be visible only to you but not to anyone else as its only you who created the object.

Right click on tool bar, You will find Collaboration Pane, Click on it and a collaboration Pane appears to the left of your report in Accesspoint and in that you can find ABConServer. Right click on it-->SharePermissions-->Share to particular users

You can add users to whom you want to share it. So chart with send to excel option enabled will be shared to only some users. and they can use that option of sending to excel while remaining users to whom you haven't shared wont be able to see the option at all

Not applicable
Author

yup, its working but still there is a problem, if you unchek the option "Send to layout"

still u can export through the right click for any of the graph??

Please correct me if am wrong .......

Not applicable
Author

Yes..you are not wrong..Let some Experts suggest something on this

Not applicable
Author

Yes..you are not wrong..Let some experts suggest something on this

Not applicable
Author

I did many R&D on this topic.. mailed qliktech also..

But they told that it is what the architecture is..... Crazy and Funny