Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

refresh rate input boxes

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. I have a few input boxes and some of them reference to those variables.

if i select a value from a drop down in say input box 1, a conditional list is to populate in input box 2. This does happen, but there is a noticeable delay, and usually the 2nd time i click the 2 input box drop down values does it populate correctly.

The expression itself is very simple, its a concat function and there is essentially just one table loaded, about 10 values (inline load)

So the expression and size of my report definitely cant be the problem. Is this a general issue with QlikView input boxes, or is there something i can do to make the refresh rate instantaneous

Cheers,

Byron

8 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Byron,

Please can you post the sample QVW file? It's easy to work with your sample to mimic the issue.

Thanks,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

Thanks for getting back to me on this Attached is a QVW I started building. I am essentially going to create a workflow with user inputs and then through a do while loop create my data set which will create the cost model.

The input box 'Mirror HC' and the first variable contains the slow behaviour I speak of. If you change the first item type and then go to Mirror HC you will see what I mean.

Cheers,

Byron

Not applicable
Author

Hi Byron

Easiest thing to try would be to set an action triggered on the variable that you are editing in the first input box. The action could be anything- just something to make Qlikview "refresh" itself and wake up. Perhaps "activate" the second input box.

Does that work?

Also, have you tried putting the concat expression in a variable and using that as the drop down.

Erica

Not applicable
Author

Well Done Erica The variable in the listed values seems to do the trick. Have no friggen idea why i didn't try this before. Probably because when my model is done I am going to have close to a 500 variables to manage. The last thing I need is more

But none-the-less this did the trick and at least I don't have to work with creating so many triggers.

I would still like someone to explain why we have to do this, when the variable itself is updated instantaneously in the concat listed value expression

Cheers,

Byron

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Byron,

Where is the attachment? I can't see it.

Thanks,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Hey Mate,

Deleted it cause I thought you already grabbed it. It contained something that I needed to remove from public sight . I've attached again for your perusal

EDIT: Take the variable expression for vWakeUpExpression (As you can see Erica, like the term you gave it ) and replace the variable in the listed values with that. Then the behaviour is very slow

Thanks,

Byron

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Mate - You can remove it now. I shall look in to this one and I guess Erica's answer might the best one.

Cheers,

DV

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

My understanding of the issue - You have [Item Type] input box where users select a value from the drop down list. Then you wanted to see the associated in [Mirror HC] related to the user selection from [Item Type]. Is this right? I'm struggling to fully understand the issue. I think we can use ValueLoop or Dollar Sign Expansion for this kind of problem. But I need to fully understand the issue before we take that direction.

Few questions...

1. Is there a trigger in the attachment document? If yes, where?
  2. Where are the expressions to calculate [Mirror HC] values?

Thanks,

DV