Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II

remove time stamp from key date field

Hi All,

My Date field is with timestamp(29/11/2008 12:00:00 AM).

This Date field is used to create master calender and I will be using the same Date field in variables which will be used in set analysis.

I have gone through few blogs, but not clear about which function to use. I tried with floor with timestamp#. But not sure whether to use both or only one for my requirement.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

date(floor([TimeStampField]))

surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the expression.

The expression is working, but i can still see the timestamp when i do-List box properties – Number – TimeStamp.

The list box shows Date as->27/11/2008 12:00:00 AM, instead of 27/11/2008 00:00:00

I am actually referring the below blog by Henric-

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/02/19/why-don-t-my-dates-work

He mentions the below point->

You have a date in two different tables, and you want to use this date as a key, but it doesn’t seem to work. Then you should suspect that you have true dates (integers) in one table and timestamps (fractional numbers) in the other, but the formatting of the dates hides this fact.

What could be the best thing i can do to avoid any future issue i may face while calcualating the date field, due to the hidden timestamp?

Not applicable

Hi,

in your script is the following line shown:

SET TimestampFormat='DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss[.fff] TT';

This set the default format for the timestamp representation. Removing the TT part of it switches from the 12 hour notation to the 24 hour notation.

On the number page of your listbox you can also alter the representation of the time period of a timestamp.

Kind regards,

Matthijs