Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III

replace the hardcoding formula

Hi All,

@sunny_talwar

I have written the below formula :

If(Sum(Consumption) <> 0,Only({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -96)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} Aggr(

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -96)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"} 

>} Consumption), 0, Month(Only({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(MonthYear), -96)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} Month))))

, cat, (MonthYear, (NUMERIC)))))

But every time i don't want to change that 96(those many months(7 years) i have). Because next month i have to change to 97 then next month 98...

I don't want it to be hard coding. 

Can you please help me how it to be automated.

Please let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks,

Bharat

24 Replies
sunny_talwar

Or just Min(MonthYear)... not entirely sure what you have and trying to do... so just guessing 🙂
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Sunny Bhai.. this also worked. I have replaced like below:

If(Sum(Consumption) <> 0,Only({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(Min(MonthYear)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} Aggr(

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(Min(MonthYear)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} Consumption), 0,

Month(Only({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(Min(MonthYear)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} Month))))

, (MonthYear, (NUMERIC)))))

The values are fine.. please let me know if i am doing anything wrong in the formula..

Thank you again Sunny Bhai..
sunny_talwar

I might be wrong. but may be you just need this

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<MonthYear>} Consumption), 0, Month(Only({<MonthYear>} Month)))), (MonthYear, (NUMERIC)))
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No Sunny Bhai it didn't work.. but when i have replaced with your earlier suggestions everything worked perfectly....

One final help Sunny Bhai... i have the below formula :

sum(IB)/sum(TOTAL<[Month-Year]> {<cat>} IB)

Numerator i have replaced i.e.

If(Sum(Consumption) <> 0,Only({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(Min(MonthYear)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} Aggr(
RangeSum(Above(Sum({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(Min(MonthYear)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} IB), 0,
Month(Only({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(Min(MonthYear)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} Month))))

Now i need your help to replace the denominator i.e. sum(TOTAL<[Month-Year]> {<cat>} IB)

Can you please help me how to replace the denominator..
sunny_talwar

Sure, what do you want to replace it with?

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I need to replace this sum(TOTAL<[Month-Year]> {<cat>} IB) in the below one:

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<MonthYear={">=$(=Date(Min(MonthYear)))<=$(=Date(Max(MonthYear)))"}>} IB), 0,
sunny_talwar

I am not sure what that means. Would you be able to share a sample and the output you expect to see from it?
bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Soory Sunny Bhai for late reply..

PFA file.. Here the actual formula is sum(IB)/sum(TOTAL<MonthYear> {<cat>} IB)

For numerator(sum(IB)) it should be replaced by which i have done :

Now for 

sum(TOTAL<MonthYear> {<cat>} IB)

i need to put in below formula

Please let me know if you need anything more..

bharatkishore
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Soory Sunny Bhai for late reply..

PFA file.. Here the actual formula is sum(IB)/sum(TOTAL<MonthYear> {<cat>} IB)

For numerator(sum(IB)) it should be replaced by which i have done :

Now for 

sum(TOTAL<MonthYear> {<cat>} IB)

i need to put in below formula

Please let me know if you need anything more..

sunny_talwar

Something is not right... why are we seeing the chart go up and down... is this chart showing correctly?

image.pngShouldn't we be seeing a chart where each bar should be higher than the previous month's bar?