Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

report creation

Hi all,

I want to geenrate dynamic report, I hope it is not possible, i would like to get experts suggestion.

I have one dashboard, in that i will list out all the created OBJETCS with check box.

From Accesspoint user should be able to check the required OBJECTS and they will click on PRINT button then report needs to be generated/printed.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I think it is possible. In order to do this you should create a Macro.

See the API Guide, under the Automation Examples Tab, search for Report in the Member ListBox and you will find examples that you can use to dynamically create your Report from scratch (I would begin with CreateEmptyReport)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can try:

Add a field(entirely unconnected to other data) to your script where you insert The Object Names as Fieldvalues. Add these Values as Show Condition to each Object you want to report. (E.g. match(Field, 'Pivottable')). Create a report and add a page, set  Loop page over possible Values (Banding) to Field. Place each Object on this single sheet. This isn't a very handsome method depending on how much Objects you have but will work without macro.

Best regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Luis,

I have a attached application. I can choose objects and if I click on “Generate Report (PDF)”,

I should be able to generate PDF report based on what i choose.

Thanks. 

Not applicable
Author

Maybe you can create one or more listboxes containing the different things that you can add into any dynamic report. Your macro should retrieve the selected values in order to know how to build the report.

SET fx = ActiveDocument.Fields("NewGroup")

SET fxV = fx.GetSelectedValues  

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I am trying to build Macro for below mentioned requirement. Any one have sample Macro code which can be useful to me?

I have to generate PDF report based on the object list selected as below.

Thanks.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Look at similar Report but Excel

Regards

ASHFAQ