Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

rookie question!

I am playing around with straight tables and pivot tables today and I noticed that sometimes I have to click Show Partial Sums and other times I have to select Subtotals at Bottom.  Can anyone explain the difference between the two?

I always manage to find my answer but logically I can't wrap my head around which one I use when, its always a 50/50 shot...

ROOKIE

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you enable the Indent Mode option on the Style tab? That option will disable the partial sums.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

SubTotals at bottom will display the totals on the bottom row and show partial sums is used for Pivot table total calculation upto the selected dimension level.

Regards,

Jagan.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Pivot tables and straight tables simply have different options. Pivot tables can have subtotals, straight tables only end totals.

In straight tables you can show only one totals row either on top or at the bottom. On the expressions tab you can set the Total mode per expression. On the Presentation you can choose between totals on top or at the bottom.

In pivot tables you can choose to show partial sums for each individual dimension and you can choose to show these totals on top or at the bottom. Both these settings can be set on the Presentation tab.

Not applicable
Author

Okay that makes sense, but I am looking at one of my pivot tables right now and show partial sums is grayed out for every dimension.

I have Subtotals at Bottom selected and it is working like Show Partial Sums (on each dimension) but that goes against your explanation above... I THINK!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you enable the Indent Mode option on the Style tab? That option will disable the partial sums.

Not applicable
Author

Ahh ha... Learn something new every day!

Thanks