Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arusanah
Creator II
Creator II

script help

This logic I have to implement in one of my sense  SimpleKPI objects.

I am creating  3 calculated Dimensions  using expression

If(([New Enrollment]='N' and Enrollment='Y' and Disenrollment='N'),'Enrollment')  as [Enrollment],

if(([New Enrollment]='Y' and Enrollment='Y' and Disenrollment='N'),'New Enrollments')  as [New Enrollment],

if(([New Enrollment]='N' and Enrollment='Y' and Disenrollment='Y'),'Disenrollments')  as [Disenrollment]

My requirement is to  make  above said object   acts as filter.

With above script ,What happens is when I click on one of the above mentioned dimensions  my other two dimension label as well as value returns 0. Where as client wants to see default values in those dimensions. How can I modify my script ?

14 Replies
arusanah
Creator II
Creator II
Author

what myself , U & Tamil did was created a single dimension  with values 'Enrollment','New Enrollment' &'Disenrollment' so when we click one object other two returns zero.

now my client wants that even if we click on one lets say enrollment . entire dashboard should be refreshed with enrollment data and the other two simple kpi objects ('New Enrollment' & 'disenrollment'  should display there default value.

stualsford
Contributor
Contributor

It's possible I have missed the request entirely, however, I read it as you want the 3 text boxes from within your example to stay as their default value (10), even after you have changed the value of the 3 dimensions on the left.

I've done this using set analysis which hopefully does what you're after. The names on the boxes were changing as you were bringing in the field values rather than leaving the caption as text. I have changed that as well but I'm still not sure what you're after.

The current set will ignore ALL other selections. You may not want that. If you remove the one you can nullify the selections of the enrollment types by using

Enrollment:

=Count({$<Enrollment={'Enrollment'},Disenrollment=,[New Enrollment]=>} [Person ID])

New Enrollment:

=Count({$<[New Enrollment]={'New Enrollments'},Enrollment=,[New Enrollment]=>} [Person ID])

Disenrollment:

=Count({$<Disenrollment={'Disenrollments'},Enrollment=,[New Enrollment]=>} [Person ID])

These would allow all of the filters on the other sheet to apply.

(Edited to fix typing)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arusanah were you able to resolve your issue.

arusanah
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank You Stu . it worked for me .... Thank u so much !!!

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hey!

While you're at it, have a look at Vizlib's new supported KPI designer:

https://www.vizlib.com/kpi/

Keen to hear your thoughts!

Best,

Martin