Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

section access

Hi,

I'm going to create Section Access based on the field USER, CITY and WAVE.

The names of the fields are uppercase letters.

But the fields' values are not all uppercase letters and not necessarily in English. For instance, the field 'CITY' includes such values as 'Арзамас', 'Владивосток'.

Will Section Access work in this case?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Wait, maybe I am getting confused now.

I believe all the field names in section access should be UPPER case.

Field values of user id and password shouldn't matter, because I read the HELP as QV will handle these values case-insensitive anyway. I think I am usually entering them UPPER case, too.

If you are using a REDUCTION field, I believe also the field values should be UPPER case (in section access and in the table in section application), and it does matter here.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

As far as i know they need to match exactly case and spelling, so no.

But you could use Capitalize(City) as access key,

Or give a numeric value?

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Yes Works!, test an small example and see.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But is it absolutely necessary to capitalize the values of the fields?

I would not like it because the users as 'Trend1', 'Ren1' have already been set on the server. I don't want to redo them.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can upper() [don't capitalize them] when you read the values in. No need to change user names on the server.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI,

Normally it would only be NTNAME, that needs to be capitalized. But what you have in your section access much match the field you are joining to in the data, so would to check that.

If they are just add the one line to table that have city in and change the field header in your access table to match i.e. access key [Access Key], the you still have the field as it was just a copy in capitals.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you say if I understood you right?

Suppose, there are two USERIDs - Trend1 and Admin. Their passwords are as follows: iudnTH15 and iudnTH17. They already exist on the server. When I create Section Access in the script, should I upper the letter like in the example below?

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD

ADMIN, ADMIN, IUDNTH17

USER, TREND1, IUDNTH15

];

Section Application;

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Wait, maybe I am getting confused now.

I believe all the field names in section access should be UPPER case.

Field values of user id and password shouldn't matter, because I read the HELP as QV will handle these values case-insensitive anyway. I think I am usually entering them UPPER case, too.

If you are using a REDUCTION field, I believe also the field values should be UPPER case (in section access and in the table in section application), and it does matter here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!