Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

selection of data and excluding one case

Hi

My data is looking like given below

report_id   product_id  priority

100           200             1

100           201             2

100           202             3

I am trying to get the count of report_id but my constraint is count(distinct If(priority=1 and priority<>2 and priority<>3,report_id))

and this should come as 1.

A report_id has so many product_id with different priority but i want to calculate only specific priority tickets irrespective of product_id.

Any ideas how to do this. Its really very urgent.

Tribhuwan

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

This is not working ☺

Thanks & Regards

Tribhuwan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i think if u cud post ur sample data, alongwith what are ur dimensions in the chart where u're writing this expression.

i think ur if needs to be understood fully

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I have uploaded my sample application Kindly check and let me know if more info required.

Thanks & Regards

Tribhuwan

Not applicable
Author

unable to find ur uploaded data

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Sending as attachment

Thanks & Regards

Tribhuwan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

ur data model suggets that ur Master Calender is an island (not connected to the actual data model).

So,the if condition won't work here. Only set analysis will.

if u want to use if, u need to link Master Calender with the actual data.

then u dnt need the condition to check start_date lies between Calender Week start & Week End, as it will always be satisfied.

find the attached qvw. Hope it helps

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I have just given the sample data from my application. In my app Calendar is not attached to the data table.

I am restricting a ticket based on this comparison created_date >= CalendarWeekStart AND created_date <= CalendarWeekEnd, taking CalendarShortWeekYear as dimension on X axis. Similarly more dates are also compared. Actually this is a huge in production application. At this point of time I can’t make changes at data model level. So I am trying to find some work around to do this be adding something in existing If expressions. Is it possible ?

Thanks & Regards

Tribhuwan

Not applicable
Author

Is anyone of ur expression using If comparison with Dates is wroking ?

I think it won't.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Yes my expressions are working. Do you mean to say without connecting calendar with data table we can’t make working the count of bar graph

Thanks & Regards

Tribhuwan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i think without connecting calendar with data table if won't give correct results.

u're using the dimension in the chart which is not at all connected with ur Expression field.

What will it give u?

Regards