Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

selection transfer from one check box to another

Hi,

My task is to transfer values selected in one check box to another. I'm trying to use a Concat function but it doesn't work.

I cloned the field Brands and loaded it twice: as Brands and Brands2. Then I created two check boxes.

Check box 1 is based on the fiels Brands and has an alternate state = BS

Check box 2 is based on the field Brands2 and has no specific anternate state.

I want values selected in Check box 1 to be automatically transfered to Check box 2 by clicking on a button.

So, I created a button and added an action = Selection in field 'Brands2'. In the Search field I set the following expression:

=Concat(DISTINCT {BS} Brands2, '|')

But it doesn't transfer the selection (see the file attached).

How can I fix it?

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to change it a little, add opening and closing parenthesis:

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {BS} Brands2, '|') & ')'

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe use the same field in the "inherited" state instead of the different field?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In general your approach is nice. But the function Swap States which you suggest works even if check boxes are locked. In my case it is criritical that if locked the fields would not swap selected values.

Let me demostrate:

Step 1: I select only one value in the Check box Brands

Step 2: Then I transfer this selection to the Check box Brands2 using a button with the Action = Toggle select (=Concat(DISTINCT {BS} Brands2, '|'))

Step 3: Then my checkboxes are getting locked, and the transfer doesn't work. That's right.

see the file attached.

The problem is that expression Toggle select =Concat(DISTINCT {BS} Brands2, '|') works fine for one selected value ONLY. Step 2 fails if several values have been selected on Step 1.

So the question it how can I select not single but multiple values using a Concat function?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You need to change it a little, add opening and closing parenthesis:

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {BS} Brands2, '|') & ')'